LED : Anti age care- Scars- acne
Light Emitting Diode or LED light is a gentle medical procedure increasingly used in aesthetic medicine. Depending on the colour of the light emitted (red yellow, bleu or green), the strength and the exposure time, the LED lamp is indicated for scarring, acne, dermatoses, stretch marks and hair loss.
This medical technology acts on the skin repair process, stimulates and boosts the activity of the fibroblasts, activates the production of collagen and inhibits the enzymes that break down hyaluronic acid and collagen.
Medical LED light can be used alone or in combination with other treatments such as peeling or laser.
It is indicated for all skin types. The results vary according to the colour of the light used :
- Red light : anti inflammatory action on the skin, stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Yellow light : draining and detoxification action, improves the circulation of blood and lymph, ideal for redness.
- Green light: lightens dark spots, evens the complexion.
- Blue light: anti bacterial used for acne and scarring.
Recommendations before the LED therapy session
Avoid medication that causes sensitivity to light or the sun, certain antibiotics.
Avoid taking anti inflammatories.
How a session takes place
In a doctor’s surgery without the need for a general anaesthetic.
The light is applied to the area to be treated for 15 to 30 minutes.
There is no discomfort, but rather a pleasantly warm sensation.
There is no risk of burning: the light is cold compared to Laser.
Resume normal activity immediately after the procedure.
Results of LED therapy
- Anti age care : phototherapy treatment causes photomodulation; the skin is firm and smooth, spots are attenuated so the complexion is more even.
- Stretch marks : LED is also used in the treatment of stretch marks, to decrease their depth and enhance the appearance of the skin.
- Scars : acceleration of scarring by photomodulation.
- Acne : improvement of acne by anti bacterial effect.
- Hair loss : LED therapy reduces hair loss, enhances the effect of mesotherapy and hair grafts.
Enhances other aesthetic medical and skin care procedures
LED is very often combined with injections of hyaluronic acid, peeling and laser.
An average of 5 to 6 sessions are required, with an interval of one week, then a treatment for maintenance later on.
Side effects of LED therapy
This treatment is risk free.
The LED lamps are guaranteed without UV rays.