Repulping the lips with hyaluronic acid
All about hyaluronic acid injection
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that occurs naturally in our bodies in the skin, articulations and the eye. The water retention capacity of hyaluronic acid provides the skin with moisture, softness and elasticity.
With age, its concentration decreases, leading to skin drying and sagging and the appearance of lines and loss of volume. In aesthetic medicine, injections of hyaluronic acid are used to moisturise the skin, fill in expression lines (frown lines, nasolabial folds), erase wrinkles and boost the volume of the face.
The areas most frequently treated
- Lines on the lower forehead: frown lines (can be combined with a Botox injection),
- The fine lines around the mouth,
- The nasolabial folds, the marionette lines
- The lips: to enhance, add volume, lip augmentation, reshaping
- To fill in subcutaneous volume: cheekbones, cheeks, contour of the face, hollow temples, tear trough, circles beneath the eyes
Contraindications for fillers
- Known previous hypersensitivity to the product
- As a precaution, women who are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Patients with an auto immune disease
- Active infection at the injection site
Recommendations before an injection of hyaluronic acid
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatories or aspirin for 10 days beforehand.
- Take homeopathic arnica treatment in the 3 days prior to the injection to avoid swelling and redness afterwards.
- On the actual day, avoid sports and exposure to the sun.
- It is not necessary to be fasting, it is even recommended that you eat well to avoid light-headedness.
- A local anaesthetic cream (EMLA) can be applied to the areas to be injected one hour before the procedure.
- For a better analysis of the face, bring a photograph of yourself aged 20- 25.
How injections of hyaluronic acid take place
After listening attentively to your request and a detailed analysis of the expressive features of your face, the doctor will advise you, explain the procedure and proceed to inject hyaluronic acid. The session is carried out in the doctor’s surgery.
A series of injections are made at the level of the wrinkles, lines or hollow areas using a fine needle or cannula. For medical-legal purposes, photographs will be taken of the injection area before and after the procedure, and there will be documents to sign.
Side effects :
After the injections there may be some swelling and redness that fades a few hours later. There may also be a hematoma at the point of injection.
Recommendations after the session
Avoid taking aspirin and anti inflammatories for 5 days after the injections.
Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme exposure to the sun in the 24 hours post injection.
Results of hyaluronic acid injection
The results are apparent immediately and the effect shall be as natural as possible to preserve the harmony of facial expression.
Hyaluronic acid is a resorbable product which means its effect is temporary and disappears after 6 to 12 months.