Cryolipolyse à Paris
The principle of cryolipolysis
Cryolipolysis is a non-invasive and non-surgical method for selectively reducing subcutaneous fat (lipolysis or destruction of the fat cells or adipocytes) by controlled, localised cooling.
It is currently the safest, most effective method of slimming by cooling.
It is an alternative to liposuction which was initially developed in the United States under the name of Coolsculpting by Zeltiq, by dermatologists from Harvard Medical School.
It is a not a treatment for excess weight, obesity or cellulite, but a medical procedure that melts away bulges by means of a medical device that meets French and international safety standards.
Cryolipolysis is appropriate for men and women to treat discrete bulges or areas of fat deposit that are resistant to diets non-invasively and with no downtime.
The areas treated are :
- Love handles
- Excess abdominal fat, on the back,
- Fat on the thighs and knees.
How a cryolipolysis session takes place
- A consultation, personalised, dedicated to cryolipolysis, is indispensable before the session, in order to listen to what you want and make sure this treatment is indicated in your particular case.
- Should cryolipolysis not be indicated, the aesthetic doctor will advise you and offer other suitable alternatives, and will continue to follow you.
- Photographs are taken before and after the treatment with your consent.
- The fatty skin folds of the areas to be treated will be measured in order to be able to assess the effectiveness. These measures are made during the consultation, thanks to a tool for measuring fat (compass) and by an ultrasound.
- No anaesthetic required.
- Once you are comfortably installed, the doctor applies the hand piece or hand pieces to the areas to be treated. The applicator gradually aspires the bulges and subjects them to controlled cooling.
- The session lasts on average 1 hour, during which time you can relax, listen to music or read a book. A slight sensitivity is felt at the time of aspiration with no sensation of pain.
- It is possible to treat several areas at the same time. The two ergonomic applicators of the Cristal cryolipolysis technology allow effective treatment and considerable time saving.
- At the end of the session, the applicator is removed, the area treated is red and cold and quickly returns to its normal state.
Afterwards it is straightforward, you can resume your normal activity when you leave the clinic.
Slight bruising or swelling may appear on the areas treated but these quickly disappear.
Results, effectiveness of cryolipolysis
The lipolysis of the fat cells is quite slow, for the peak of the inflammation (the effect provoked and sought after) only appears 15 days after the session, then the gradual reduction in this inflammation and of the volume of the adipose cells can last up to 90 days. This is the reason why the results are not immediate, and are delayed until up to 3 months after the session.
A study was carried out in several centres in France and Belgium on 518 patients, evaluating the safety, tolerance, and satisfaction of the patients in relation to the cryolipolysis. The results showed a 23% reduction of the layer of fat at 3 months. The evaluation by the investigator shows an improvement of 86%. The procedure is well tolerated with 89% of patients having a positive perception of the length of time the treatment took and 96% report minimum, tolerable discomfort. 73% of the patients are satisfied and 82% would recommend the procedure to a friend.
To optimise the results, a second session may be necessary, 6 to 8 weeks after the first. In order to optimise and obtain long term results with cryolipolysis, the treatment must be combined with a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Side effects and risks of cryolipolysis
En respectant les bonnes indications et en utilisant un dispositif médical Cristal, qui répond aux normes de sécurité internationales, le traitement par cryolipolyse est fiable et sûre. Quelques effets secondaires bénins et temporaires comme des ecchymoses (bleues) ou une hypoesthésie locale (diminution de la sensibilité)
By following proper guidelines and using a Cristal medical device, which meets international safety standards, the cryolipolysis procedure is reliable and safe. A few benign, temporary side effects such as bruising or local hypoesthesia (a slight numbness)
- Raynaud’s syndrome.
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria
- Cold rash
- Umbilical hernia
- Pace Maker
- Skin infection